Quinoa doesn’t only have to be thought of as a savory side dish. Try starting out your day with this protein-packed vegan breakfast! -Genevieve
- 1 cup, unsweetened vanilla almond milk
- ½ cup dry quinoa, rinsed
- 1 banana, sliced
- 2 T nut butter of choice
- 2 T crushed walnuts
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- ¼ tsp nutmeg
- Combine almond milk and quinoa in a pot over medium high heat and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to a simmer and cover.
- Cook for about 30 minutes, or until quinoa is tender.
- Divide into 2 bowls. Top each with sliced bananas, a drizzle of nut butter, walnuts and spices, and enjoy!